Pastry Chef - Sept 2022
We are hiring a pastry chef or experienced baker to join our team at Layers Cupcakes, in downtown Halifax. This role is uniquely suited to someone that is an early bird, loves being in the kitchen, creative with ingredients, recipes and flavour profiles.
Well known for our cakes and cupcakes, we take pride in creating all products using the highest quality ingredients.
Our hours of operation are Thursday-Saturday 11am-5pm, therefore, work week is 4 days. Wednesday-Saturday (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off).
Must be able to work early mornings not relying on public transportation.
- Adhere to all sanitation, safety, and food preparation regulations
- Preparation and creation of all baked products ensuring they are to standard in a timely and efficient manner
- Involvement and assistance in creation of new weekly menu
- Communication regarding operations, inventory, ingredients and products
- Organization of space, equipment and ingredients
- Constantly assessing deadlines with strong time management skills
- Experience in a commercial kitchen as a pastry chef or experienced pastry cook
- An organized and detailed individual with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, management and customers
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and be on your feet for hours at a time
Wage will be based on experience and skill level
Successful candidate must be able to work early mornings not relying on public transportation
Salary: $17.50-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Submit your application including resume and portfolio to email@example.com